Thursday, April 1, 2010

The best part of today...

...was seeing a previous preschool-age client, who called out my name, ran to me, and jumped into my arms. So cute! Oh yeah- that's why I'm suffering through grad school! For little moments like that...

And remember how earlier this week I had a school-age kiddo come into therapy sobbing and left with a smile on his face and feeling super proud of the English muffin pizza he made? Yeah, pizza making is a therapy technique :o) It really made my day that speech therapy was his safe place where he could calm down and leave feeling more confident about himself and his world. Can I kiddo get all that from making pizza? Why yes, yes he can. And that's why speech-language pathology rocks! Just saying...

And sometimes I need a little reminder to get me to the end of this semester.

1 comment:

Brittanie said...

WOOHOO!! It's always the little moments that are the best ones.