Sunday, April 22, 2012

Savannah arrives! + Cusco, Peru

I've never been SO excited to see a familiar face!  Yay for Savannah!

 
Us at the Lima, Peru airport.  Waiting and waiting and waiting for our flight (it was so late!)

Made it to our cute hostel!  We could totally tell that I woman ran this one... much cleaner.  Savannah enjoying her Coca tea (made from Coca leaves to help with altitude sickness, don't judge :o)

My cup!  It was nice to drink something warm- we didn't realize how cold Cusco would be!!

The view!

The restaurant recommended to us by the kind Lima, Peru hostel owners.  Chi cha!  Totally the best place we ate at in Cusco!

Delicious bread

Fancy drink made with Chicha morada (purple corn)

Our delicious dinners!  Savannah totally won the entry selection with a pumpkin ravioli thing. It was life changing, really!

Cusco at night- there was a huge party with the 100 year anniversary since Machu Picchu was discovered.

Architecture stuff for my daddy.  The city was built with stone blocks cut and sanded perfectly to fit together without mortar.  As you can see, you can't fit a card between the blocks!

Me with my cool new hat scarf thing.  We may have went shopping for gloves, scarves, hats, etc.  Anything to help us stay warm!  

Cusco at night- the view from our hostel.

The party fireworks!  We could hear the party all night!

My second cup of Coca tea- I was starting to feel sick from the altitude.  I was told by the nice hostel people that it's more effective without sugar.  So, second cup it is, sin azucar!

While reading my scriptures... don't judge :o)

Lunch time!  Savannah is eating the hardest bread in the world...

We did find the best hot cocoa ever!  So yummy!

Besties!

My dear Savannah- you're the best travel buddy!  I had so much fun with you on this trip!  Thanks for visiting me in Austin last week- it was so much fun to show you around!  Loves!



No comments: