Saturday, July 19, 2014

26 weeks- I'm 6 months along as of yesterday!

How far along? 26 weeks!! Only 3 months to go! Nathan tells me to think about it being a whole quarter of a year left.  Here we come October 18!
Baby's size? 13.6-14.8 inches, 1.5-2.2 lb. The size of a lettuce head!
Total weight gain: I'm at 28 lbs this week, so my doctor must have been right!  Lost 2 lbs (probably all water), and I can see my ankle bones this week with the decrease in swelling!
Maternity clothes? Yep!  That's all I can fit into- unless it's Nathan's pj pants :o)
Sleep: Pretty good, though some nights I'm in bed by 9 pm like an old lady.  Or maybe like a soon to be mother who knows her child-free days are numbered... :o)

Best moment(s) this past week: The rainstorm!  We had a wonderful rainstorm in Austin and it brought the temperature down to the 70s.  70s, people!!  That doesn't happen in Texas in July!  I feel very grateful to be pregnant during this summer compared to many hotter ones in the past.  Also, the baby room is now BLUE as seen in the picture above.  I love it!

Miss Anything?  Walking normal and getting up from sitting/ laying easily.  Man, it's getting harder and harder, with more uncomfortable to painful feels. Really hot baths, eating salty foods without worrying I'll get elephant feet.

Movement: Nathan felt the baby!!  Yay!! So excited he finally felt our little boy move!  He said it felt like I was having indigestion, except for he usually can't feel my stomach having issues :o)

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.  Super grateful that it was only during my first trimester.

Cravings: Mexican, maybe?  We did cook it twice this week, but no complaints here! :o)

Labor Signs: Still having some sharp pains here and there, but nothing frequent or consistent

Gender: BOY! 

Symptoms: Not being made of hinges... it sure is hard bending these days... increased nose blowing (allergies were up this week, so it was even more fun than usual :o)

Belly Button in or out? In for now..
Wedding rings on or off? I have a new beautiful ring made by my sis-in-law Camberley.  Yay!  Thanks sista!!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy 80% moody 20%  I'm currently shut up in the bedroom to keep me quarantined (self inflicted, of course :o) until my sudden grumpiness passes....
Looking forward to: Going to a family reunion in Idaho to see my mom's side of the family, being in cooler weather, sanding and staining the baby dresser we got at a garage sale many moons ago.  Baby project time! :o)

No comments: