Sunday, August 10, 2014

Back online with week 30




We're back!  After a couple weeks of crazy (work, family reunion, and saying goodbye to my kitty...), I've found time again to have fun documenting the THIRD trimester!  Yay!

How far along? 30 weeks  
Baby's size? 15-16 inches, 3 lbs.  As long as a cucumber, or the size of a large cabbage.  Apparently he'll be gaining 1/2 lb a week from now out!  Wow!  Think my belly is big now, just you wait! :o)
Total weight gain: Still at 30 lbs, no complaints about maintaining and Ms. Doctor didn't comment on my weight at my appt this week :o)  But then again, she never does unless I ask...
Maternity clothes? Yep.  Got a new dress for church though, so I feel better at church with another option. I only had 2 dress/ skirt options for the last couple weeks, which if you know me at all, was really hard for me.  Thank goodness for the Loft outlet nearby, extra large sizes, and tax free weekend :o)
Sleep: Great!  It's nice to be home in my comfy bed and body pillow!  Nathan has been complaining that I snore more these days, so I must be getting enough sleep :o)

Best moment(s) this past week: This week has not been my favorite, but I did have a wonderful trip to Idaho and Yellowstone with my family.  I got to see some wonderful cousins (some that I haven't seen in a long time), see/meet their growing families, go berry picking, visit and unplug at a beautiful national park (and made much better memories than the last time we went... so so cold in the winter on snow mobiles... :o), see real live bison, catch up with old friends, and enjoy seeing how well my sweet husband fits in with the extended family (they're pretty laid back, but it's just nice to see everyone getting to know him :o)

Miss Anything?  Getting up like a normal person!  It's hard to even get up from sitting and super uncomfortable to walk for a couple minutes after changing positions.  

Movement: Yes and yes!  He dances/ practices kung fu during the day as well as during bedtime.  We put a little book on my tummy one night, so Nathan could see all the wiggles (idea from the in-laws).  Nathan's wide eyes and the book vibrating like crazy made my night!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Still just the occasional toothbrush experience.

Cravings: Macaroni and Cheese!  But the spirals or shapes, not the normal noodles.  And store brand and Kraft are equally good- but they have to be dinosaurs or teenage mutant ninja turtles...

Labor Signs: K, people, Braxton Hicks (false labor pains) are very much my enemy these days.  So random, and so unpleasant! It's like someone stabbing you with a little knife for just a few seconds.  Not terribly painful (I mean, compared to what real labor will be like), but definitely not on my top favorite things about being pregnant list.

Gender: BOY!  
Symptoms: This week our favorite symptom is the emotional roller coaster ride!  Mind you, it's been terribly hard with losing my kitty this week (had to happen when I was pregnant...), but I've also had the feels when listening to cute kids sing at church and when watching a you tube video.  Or when I was just super duper tired.  Poor husband has a harder time predicting it now...

Belly Button in or out? In but just barely.  Nathan wants to take a picture when it's neither in or out :o)
Wedding rings on or off? Still off, but I tried it on today, and it fits my pinky just fine!  Gotta love the fingers swelling...
Happy or Moody most of the time: Just lots of feels...
Looking forward to: Going out to eat for Nathan's birthday, swimming, in-laws coming in town for a visit, and for school to start (I'm losing some speech therapy kiddos, so I won't be as busy at work!  Yay for slowing decreasing my caseload!)

No comments: