Sunday, December 30, 2018

Months 4 & 5- opps!

 
December ran away from me! Anyone else in the same boat?? It was a wonderful, busy month, with me mostly feeling well. Yay for 2nd trimester!

How far along? 22 weeks

Baby's size?
About the size of a spaghetti squash


Maternity clothes? Yep! I still need to figure out a better coat for the colder days we're having in Austin- I just don't want to buy one since it hardly gets cold here and I don't know if I'll be pregnant in the winter for any future pregnancies (For the nosy ones, we say we want 4-5 kids, but we'll see if 3 breaks us since that's supposed to be the hardest... ;)
 

Sleep: Very stressful dreams still! My pregnancy apps and websites say it's because I'm anxious about this "new life change", but I really feel quite content about it when awake, so who knows 💁 Only getting up about once for a potty break, so not too bad. Thank goodness for my body pillow- it sure makes a difference for sleep!

Best moment(s) this(ese) past month(s): It's been so fun showing Diana Christmas now that she's old enough to understand more of what's going on. Simon was so cute showing her all the things he remembered from last year! We did an advent calendar again, reading just one scripture in Luke a day and then eating a candy. The kids got really into it (yay for the candy!), but it was so sweet seeing how excited they were for "baby Jesus scriptures" and they started repeating what we read if we gave them a couple words at a time. 💓 I so want my kids to have a love for our Savior and the scriptures, and hopefully little traditions like this will help!
  

Miss Anything? So missing over easy eggs! It's seriously what I want to eat every single morning 😢


Movement: Yes!! The baby is so active, I can do the 10 kick counts pretty quickly at night! Glad that they don't keep me up... yet...

Anything making you queasy or sick: Brushing my teeth is still really hard. I can do about 1st minute just fine, but that 2nd minute is the worst! I usually don't make it...
 

Cravings: November it was mini pizza bagels, now it's mini chicken tacos! Or at least that's what I've been eyeing since I saw a billboard for them at Taco Cabana...

Labor Signs: No way!
 

Gender: Still waiting for baby to come to find out! And we're both feeling quite content just waiting. Crazy! I thought I wouldn't last!

Symptoms: Still a little tired, especially with battling a cold this week. Hip pain is getting worse, but my OBGYN said she could refer me to a PT if it gets too bad.
 
Belly Button in or out? In!


Wedding rings on or off? On, but getting a little tight. I can tell I'm starting to swell just a tad.
 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Mostly happy! I had a miserable couple days with being sick- thank goodness for Netflix and a sectional couch! Kids on one side, mama laying down on the other.

Looking forward to: Tackling the big baby clothes organizing project! We not have a shed in our backyard that we're sharing with our close friends who gave it to us (they can't have one with their HOA, and plus, moving it is a pain!), so we're moving stuff out of the garage, into the shed. And then hopefully the majority of baby/ kid clothes into the garage and out of their closets! Gotta make room somehow for 3 kids and all their stuff. :o)

No comments: