Monday, March 16, 2009

My newest problem...

So, I've been told that the first step to overcoming an addiction is to admit it. Therefore, I am admitting today, this 16th day of March in the year of 2009, that I have an addiction to babies and children. Some call it being "baby hungry". Others may say that my "maternal clock" is ticking. Either way, one thing is for certain, I love stealing and playing with other people's children! Saturday, I got to play with my friends' kids which include a 2.5 year old red head girl and her little brother who's a bit sick right now. Sure, there was a bit of crankiness from them having to travel and being a little sick, but I loved every moment I got to play with them!

Fast forward to Sunday at church. I got to snuggle with a set of 6 month old twins, one in Sacrament Meeting and the other in Sunday School. So sweet! (And for the record, I was able to pay better attention in those church meetings with the babies than in Relief Society when I was babyless :o) And tomorrow I get to babysit the cute little twins again! I have to admit that I am a sucker for red headed children (one of the twins is a red head), but overall, I love all babies and kids...and probably a bit too much. My fabulous roommate Holly has to remind me on occasion that, no, I'm not allowed to steal other people's children. :o)

And so, my next step, after admitting I have a problem, is to figure out what all the other steps are! :o) I figure I have to find a way to overcome this problem somehow...so far my only plan is to get my fill on children while I'm on Spring Break and hope that appeases my addiction for the time being....

1 comment:

Brittanie said...

It's okay to be addicted to babies, as long as you don't go to extremes (like IVF to make yourself pregnant with octuplets when you already have 6 kids and DON'T have a job or a husband).

Any time you want to steal my kids, I don't mind! lol...you'll just have to come get them.