Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My St. Patrick's Day Kitty

So, I left Austin for Spring Break to visit my family in Vegas. I left my kitty, Jubilee, with in the good care of my fabulous roommate, Holly, having full confidence that my cat would be well taken care of. As Holly loves my kitty, I came back to a very happy, well feed kitty who was only slightly mad at me for leaving her. (I believe that taking over Holly's bed for the week was her main source of comfort while I was gone :o) However, after being home for a couple of hours, I discovered that my cat was not quite as well taken care of as I thought...or rather a festive improvement had been made...


It's kinda hard to see, but Jubilee has a beautiful green stripe on her tummy in honor of St. Patrick's Day.


I think you can see it better in this picture...now before you think that Holly is terrible, keep in mind that she threatened to dye my kitty's hair burnt orange (Yay Longhorns!), and I thought it would be hilarious! In addition, Holly was quite considerate as she decided that hair dye would be a bad idea (cat grooming herself + possible poisonous hair dye = one dead kitty). Halfway through the week, the inspiration came that she could use food coloring as it is edible, and so, a green food coloring stripe is beautifying my kitty until further notice...and there is a rumor of pink being used for Easter next month... :o)

2 comments:

Telima said...

That is so awesome, Audrei. I want to see pictures of the pink stripe at Easter! =)

katie j said...

She got a little more than a pink stripe... :) http://somesortofcrazy.blogspot.com/2009/03/little-easter-jubilee.html