Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sweet Sixteen!

  
So friends, I got to rock the glasses this week, which means I'm out of contacts and keep forgetting to call my eye doctor... or putting it off as I have 2 appointments this week (baby check up and dentist).  You may be getting more familiar with this look if I keep putting it off...  But yay for baby coming along!  I told my primary class today at church that I was pregnant.  As they are 6 and 7 year olds, they have no filter (they were shocked when they realized I don't have any kids even though I'm 29!), so I surely loved their response to the news- "you can't be pregnant- you don't look big!"  Bless their hearts- those statements sure do make a growing mama happy!  :o)
 
How far along? 16 weeks
Baby's size? 4.5 inches- I have an avocado! 
Total weight gain: 13 lbs- oh, so Nathan did the trick where he put his toe on the scale while I was weighing myself this week.  I may have slugged him afterwards since the scale said I gained 50 lbs...
Maternity clothes? Yep!  And they're so comfy!  My closet is even divided into clothes I can wear and clothes that I can't...
Sleep: Turns out not drinking after 9 pm causes me to wake up with a headache, so we're back to one bathroom break a night.  But now I fall back asleep easily!  So, no complaints.
Best moment(s) this past week: Watching the season finale of Psych, talking baby stuff with pregnant couple friends, celebrating sister-in-law Camberley's birthday, and having energy to cook for the missionaries and friends.
Miss Anything?  Rarely having headaches- they are super more frequent and have yet to find the magic combination to prevent them.  Good thing my next Dr's appt is tomorrow!
Movement: None this week, but between 16 and 20 weeks I should feel the baby "for the first time", though I totally think I have already felt it a couple weeks ago.  :o)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just tooth brushing- I can go the full 2 minutes, but cannot brush my tongue to save my life.  But at least my oral hygiene is better!!
Cravings: Toasted cinnamon and raisin bagel with cream cheese and Cuttie oranges.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Gender: We'll know in 4 weeks!!
Symptoms:  Sore feet!  Man, did they hurt after a full day of home chores and errands!  But thankfully, I have a sweet hubby that rubbed them even though he had a headache.  I picked a good one!  So grateful!
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On, but it’s getting really tight… we'll probably need to look for a fake band at Walmart soon here...
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy this week!  Don't think I felt stabby at all!
Looking forward to:  Planting our tomato garden, getting the AC officially replaced this Thursday, and finishing my book club book (first time I'll finish one in months!)

No comments: