Sunday, April 13, 2014

Five Weeks

-->



I’m pregnant!!  After 6 months of trying, we’ve been so very blessed to have a little one on the way!  Since it’s my first time being pregnant (obviously), we’ve only told out immediate family so far, just in case it’s hard to keep.  But it’s so hard not to tell!  We’re so very excited and have so many wonderful people in our lives that we want to share the good news with!  Hopefully, these blogs will catch everyone up to where we’re at in the pregnancy once I make them public.  Also, my hope is to include as many loved ones along this journey, near or far.  I had a cousin and cousin-in-law do this during their pregnancy, and with living so far from them, it was wonderful to keep track of what they were experiencing!



How far along? 5 weeks

Baby's size? a sesame seed

Total weight gain:  0, I think…

Maternity clothes? Yes, but only because my best fitting, pre-pregnancy jeans got a tear in them last week.  It the super awkward crotch spot.  So, we made a Target run to get a pair of jeans at 9:30 pm on a Saturday.  We saw some friends at the store (of course, with our luck), through the pants in a hallway, and said hi as discretely as possible… it’s hard for us to keep this a secret…

Sleep: Not a problem, thank goodness!  I love me some sleep!

Best moment(s) this past week: Finding out I was pregnant! 

Miss Anything?  Not really… it’s all about the same still.

Movement: Nope.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Overeating.  I have this weird nausea sensation when I’m on the verge of eating too much.  If I stop eating right then, it goes away.  And I’m super grateful things aren’t bad now.

Cravings:  Tomatoes!!  I could almost eat them like an apple!  Almost…

Labor Signs: Nope.

Gender: To be determined…

Symptoms:  I change quickly from the nausea full feeling to being hungry (like an hour).  Sore boobs! Wow, do they hurt! (sorry for the TMA… :o) A little more tired.

Belly Button in or out? In.

Wedding rings on or off? On!!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Back and forth.

Looking forward to:  Our first doctor’s appointment and being able to tell the world!  We’re so excited but only have told our immediate family so far.

No comments: